- To create a template, click on the Task & SOP Template tab from the menu on the left.
- Select the ‘General’ tab from the top of the page
- Click the green ‘Add New Form’ button on the top right of the screen
- This will open up a pop-up window with five tabs – General, Field Settings, Assign To Farm, Recurring Options, Notifications and Escalations
General Template Settings
- Enter the General Template Settings under the ‘General’ Tab
- Enter a form name, form type (whether it is a form, pesticide application or standard operating procedure), and a description for the form.
- Select the template security level – e.g. admin, dairy company, farm group, or farms level
- Select the applicable farm group/farm from the drop down list.
- Click the green ‘Save Template’ button on the top right of the window.
General Template Settings
Next you need to design the form by selecting and configuring the field settings. All available fields are displayed on the right side of the window. Each field you select will be something that the users can view and fill out on the form – for example if a ‘Date’ field is added users can then fill in a date on the form, with a ‘Dropdown’ users can select options from a dropdown box, etc.
- Drag each desired field for the form into the blue area on the left e.g. Heading, Text, Email, multi checkbox, send text.
- Double click on each field to configure the settings. Set the Control Name, Label Name, Default Values, and any other information for the field e.g. dropdown box options.
- Control Name: The name that you give to each field (this does not appear on the form). E.g. for a textbox where you want users to enter their phone number, the control name could be ‘Number’.
- Control Label: The name/label that users will see on the form. E.g. the control label could be ‘Contact phone number’ so users know to fill in their phone number.
- Default Value: set the field to a certain value if required
- Check the ‘Required Field’ box if you want the field to be compulsory for users to fill in.
- Click ‘OK’ to save
- To remove any fields from the form, click on the ‘X’ next to the field
- To preview your form template, click on the green ‘Preview Template’ button on the top right of the window
- To save your form template, click on the green ‘Save Template’ button on the top right of the window.
Assign to Farm
- Assign the form to selected farms by checking the box next to the farm name.
- Click ‘Update’ on the top right of the window.
To set up the template as a task to users on farm, turn on ‘Create task’.
- Fill out the details for the task – Enter a task name, write in any notes, select a date and time the task is to be completed by, and the expected duration, select if it is a single task or recurring task (detailed below), and assign the task to the desired user/users on farm.
- Click ‘Save Task’ on the top of the window.
- If the task is to be a recurring task (i.e. to be completed on regular occasions) tick the box next to ‘Recurring’, and then click the green ‘Set Recurring Options’ button.
- Set the Recurrance Pattern – how often the task needs to be completed e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, every week day, or every X number of days.
- Set the Range of Reccurance – start date and end date if applicable (or end the recurring task after a set number of occurances).
- Assign the task to the desired users across the farm – All users, the admin, or select specific users from the drop down.
- Single tasks are a task which can be assigned to multiple users but that only needs to be completed a single time. As soon as it is completed by one person it will then disappear off other users task scheduler.
Notifications and Escalations
Below shows an example for how a ‘Fence Repair’ template could be formatted.