QCONZ SYNC – User Guide
QCONZ SYNC is a fully customisable mobile forms and data capture system. Once an organisation is set up they can create and deploy form templates to different users, incorporate their own logo on the app, and have branding on forms.
Accessing Qconz Sync
Logging in to QCONZ SYNC
Enter your username and password, and click ‘Login’.
To have the webpage remember your login details, select the box next to ‘Remember me on this computer’ before logging in.
On the ‘Forms’ tabthe user view the list of form templates, OPEN to create a new form, fill in and submit. The list of form templates are able to be sorted by form name or description by clicking on each respective heading. The date the form was last submitted is shown in the ‘Last Submit’ column on the right.
How to submit a form
The FORMS part of the website works in exactly the same manner as the mobile app. A user can work either from web or app, with the same functionality.
- Click on the open folder icon next to the form under the ‘Open’ column.
- Fill out the form details
- Click ‘Submit’
On the ‘Form Template’ tab users can view, edit and create new forms templates.
On each form you can select a range of different field options to include on the form, for the information you are wanting users to fill out – E.g. boxes for users to enter their name and different contact details, select options from drop down boxes, view instructions, fill out details, add a photo, select a date or time,phone the manager,sign the form etc.
NOTE: Please see pages further on for list of all available fields and description
Creating New Form
- Click on the green ‘Add New Form’ button on the top right of the screen
- This will open up a pop-up with two tabs – General and Field Settings
- Enter the General Template Settings under the ‘General’ Tab
- Form name
- Form type
- Form description
- Select the box if you wish to send the submitted form to a certain email address. Please note that submitted forms are sent every hour
- Click on the ‘Save Template’ button on the top right of the window.
- Click on the ‘Field Settings’ tab
- All available fields are displayed on the right side of the window
- Drag each desired field for the form into the blue area on the left e.g. Heading, Text, Email, multi checkbox, send text. A list of all fields and descriptions are outlined on page 6.
- Double click on each selected field to configure. Set the Control Name, Label Name, Default Values, and any other information for the field e.g. dropdown box options.
- Control Name:The name that you give to each field (this does not appear on the form). E.g. for a textbox where you want users to enter their phone number, the control name could be ‘Number’.
- Control Label: The name/label that users will see on the form. E.g. the control label could be ‘Contact phone number’ so users know to fill in their phone number.
- Default Value – if you wish to have a pre-populated value in the field, choose this
- Check the ‘Required Field’ box if you want the field to be compulsory for users to fill in.
- Click ‘OK’ to save
- To remove any fields from the form, click on the ‘X’ next to the field
- To preview your form template, click on the green ‘Preview Template’ button on the top right of the window
- To save your form template, click on the green ‘Save Template’ button on the top right of the window
- Click on the ‘Close’ button to exit the window
Editing a Form
To edit or modify an existing form template, click on the pen icon next to the form under the ‘Edit’ column.
This will open up the window to configure the general details and field settings as above.
Previewing a Form
To preview a form, click on the eye icon next the form under the ‘Preview’ column.
To archive a form template, click on the X icon next to the form under the ‘Archive’ column.
To view all archived templates, tick the ‘Show Archived Templates’ box.
Fields and Descriptions
Below is the list of all available field options for a form and their description.
|audiorecord||Users can click to record audio|
|calculate||Perform a simple calculation in the form|
|checkbox||Checkbox users can tick/not tick|
|colour||Users ‘choose a colour’ from colour options|
|country||Users select a country from a dropdown box|
|currentdate||The current date is written on the form|
|date||Users fill out a date in day/month/year|
|datetime||Users enter a date and time|
|dropdown||Dropdown box where users can select an option i.e. male/female, yes/no|
|Users enter email address into box|
|formattedtext||Text box which allows for formatting i.e. font style, bullet points, spell check, copy/paste options|
|GPS points||Track the current location. Options to show or hide on the form, and whether to capture the GPS location when the form is created or submitted|
|heading||A bold heading. Good for showing section differences.|
|imageviewer||Add an image to the form for users to view|
|instructions||Instructions/details to appear on form|
|month||Users select month and year|
|multicheckbox||Checkbox where users can tick multiple options e.g. NCEA Level 3, University, Work experience|
|multioption||Multi option field where users can only select one option e.g. yes/no/maybe/I don’t know|
|multiline text||Textbox for users to write in i.e. filling out details, making comments|
|number||Textbox where users can enter number values only|
|password||Textbox for users to enter a password|
|percentage||Number box for users to enter a percentage value|
|phonecall||Button for users to click to call a selected recipient i.e. Call the manager|
|photo||Include and embed a photo in the form|
|photoandcaption||Include and embed a photo in the form with a caption|
|selfie||Include and embed a photo with the self facing camera|
|sendemail||Button for users to click to email a selected recipient|
|sendtext||Button for users to click to send a text message to a selected recipient|
|separator||Separates fields on the form by adding in a blank line (i.e. create space between fields)|
|signature||Area for users to physically sign the form on screen|
|tel||Show a phone number which can use the phone dialer to call|
|text||Single line text box for users to enter info e.g. ‘Name’, ‘Occupation’|
|time||Users select a time|
|url||Show a website URL which the user can open a website from|
|videoplayer||Add a video to the form for users to view|
There are two types of users in QCONZ SYNC. On the mobile app both types of users are treated in exactly the same way. On the website, admin users are able to create new users and form templates, archive users and templates, and view incoming submitted forms.
ORGANISATION ADMIN USERS
- Mobile App – create and submit forms
- Web Portal – create and submit forms
- Web Portal – create and modify organisation users
- Web Portal – create and modify form templates
- Mobile App – create and submit forms
- Web Portal – create and submit forms
Adding and Modifying Users
On the ‘Users’ tab you can view all users, add new users, edit user details and archive users, for all organisations.
Users will be listed on the table which can be sorted by first or last name, or user type,
by clicking on each respective heading.
Adding a New User
- To add a new user, click on the green ‘Add New User’ button on the top right of the page.
- A pop up will then appear prompting you to add in the user details.
- Enter the name, user type, organisation, email address, username and password.
- Hit ‘Save’.
Edit User Details
- Edit the details of a user by clicking on the pen icon on next to the user on the right.
- Archive a user by clicking the ‘X’ icon next to the user on the right.
- You can view archived users by ticking the ‘Show Archived Users’ box on the top of the page.
On the ‘Reports’ tab you can view the list of submitted forms, and export the report to Excel.
Submitted forms will be listed on the table which can be sorted by form name, user name, or submit date, by clicking on each respective heading.
Viewing Submitted Forms
- Click on the open folder icon next to the form on the right to view details
Export Report to Excel
- To export the report, click on the green ‘Export to Excel’ button on the top right of the page
On the ‘Organisations’ tab you can view and edit your organisation.
Edit Organisation Details
- Edit the details of an organisation by clicking on the pen icon next to the organisation under the ‘Edit’ column.
- A ‘Manage Organisation’ pop-up will then appear with a tab for general details, and settings.
- Under the ‘General’ tab, enter the organisation name, address, email address and telephone number.
- Under the ‘Settings’ tab, add in the details for the app – Title, LMS Url (optional), upload an App logo, and select any custom colours for the app.
- Hit ‘Save’ and then ‘Close’ to exit the window
QCONZ SYNC Mobile App
The QCONZ SYNC mobile is the tool which users primarily use to action and capture data from form templates.
Users are able to fill in and submit forms from any number of different templates.
Install the QCONZ SYNC App
- Download QCONZ SYNC from either Google Play Store or Apple App store. you on your phone
- Click ‘Next’ to accept the terms and conditions
- Click ‘Install’ to install the app
- QCONZ SYNC should now appear as an app on your phone
Enter your username, password, and organisation code, and click ‘Login’.
Once logged in the user will not need to enter this information again.
Forms – the Main Screen
This is where a user can select the form they wish to complete from the drop down list of FORM TEMPLATE.
Completing and Submitting a Form
- Select a form from the drop down list
- Click on the green arrow to fill out the form
- Enter the form details, then click ‘Submit’
The page will sync automatically every 5 minutes, or you can manually sync by clicking on the green circle on the top right of the screen.
Powered by – Other Functions
Reset and clear Data
To reset and clear data on the app, click on the blue ‘Powered by QCONZ SYNC’ box on the bottom right of the screen, and then click ‘RESET AND CLEAR DATA’.
To view further information, click on the blue ‘Powered by QCONZ SYNC’ box on the bottom right of the screen. Listed here is an ‘About Us’ company description, a link to qconz.co.nz, and QCONZ contact details.