Audit Services - Fertiliser Manufacturing
QCONZ carry out third party audit services for the Fertiliser Manufacturing and Spreading industry in New Zealand on behalf of the Fertiliser Quality Council.
Our team of qualified auditors are familiar with the legislation and regulations affecting fertiliser manufacturing and spreading in New Zealand.
We understand the importance of timely audits and incorporate digital solutions to improve efficiency, lower compliance costs and provide electronic reporting options for business intelligence.
Audit services we provide
- 3rd party verification – audit and compliance
- Development and advice for assurance programmes
- Design assurance programmes
- Development of digital solutions to support audit process
- Consultancy – general advice
QCONZ work with the Fertiliser Manufacturing industry to develop and refine industry standards of quality, sustainability and safety. We work alongside the industry to roll-out the standards and make any required changes to skills, practices, reporting and compliance. We are then able to audit and verify fertiliser manufacturing businesses are meeting the standard.
We do this by:
- Working with industry stakeholders at all levels, from the fertiliser manufacturers all the way through to the industry standards bodies and marketers.
- Liaising with stakeholders to develop measures of quality, welfare and environmental responsibility to form the basis of an industry agreed standard.
- Developing an electronic auditing platform to streamline the capture, analysis, and reporting of information.
- Carrying out annual independent audit of fertiliser works in New Zealand.
- Reporting back to industry stakeholders and regulators.
Case Study - Fertmark
The Fertmark tick means the fertiliser has been independently audited by QCONZ to ensure what’s on the label is actually in the bag.
In 2000 QCONZ was selected to manage the audit programme and systems for the Fertmark scheme on behalf of the Fertiliser Quality Council (FQC). They needed quality and experience and they were confident that with our first class audit and technical capability we would continue to deliver a programme that ensured the code of practice was met by all fertiliser manufacturers.