Audit Services - Pig Sector
We work with the Pork industry to develop and refine industry standards of quality, welfare and biosecurity. We work alongside the industry to roll-out the standards and make any required changes to skills, practices, reporting and compliance. We are then able to audit and verify pig farms that are meeting the standard.
We do this by:
- Working with industry stakeholders at all levels, from the pig farms all the way through to the industry standards bodies and marketers.
- Liaising with stakeholders to develop measures of quality, welfare and environmental responsibility to form the basis of an industry agreed standard.
- Developing an electronic auditing platform to streamline the capture, analysis, and reporting of information.
- Developing integrated training and on-farm coaching systems to upskill farmers.
- Developing an integrated dashboard for each pig farmer to enable them to quickly see how they are going and where they need to focus.
- Reporting back to industry stakeholders and regulators.
A programme developed for the industry…by the industry… is accepted and ‘owned’ by farmers. They know that QCONZ is there for the benefit of the farmers and the longer term market access of the products they produce.